By clicking this check box, I acknowledge that I have read the moving up policy below and understand the implications if it pertains to this registration for my child.
The Dell Rapids Baseball Association (DRBA) recognizes the new January 1st cutoff date will cause more division of players from their school grade levels.
Generally speaking, grade levels match to baseball age levels as follows:
- 16U (15/16 Teeners) aligns with players having completed freshman or sophomore level.
- 14U (13/14 Teeners) aligns with players having completed 7th or 8th grade level.
- 12U (Midgets) aligns with players having completed 5th or 6th grade level.
- 10U (Pee Wees) aligns with players having completed 3rd or 4th grade level.
- 8U (Transition) aligns with players having completed 1st or 2nd grade level.
- 6U (Coach Pitch) aligns with players having completed Pre-K or K grade level.
The January 1st cutoff date means the player can participate in the appropriate age group based on what their age is as of January 1st. As an example, a 7th grade player who turns 13 after January 1st can play 12U (Midgets).
The DRBA board’s policy is that players may choose to move up baseball levels with their grade level/classmates (even if their age allows them to stay in a lower level) as long as NO safety or other concerns are determined by the DRBA. If some concerns arise, the DRBA will communicate with the family.
Once a player/family decides which level of baseball they’d like to play for the year, they will not be allowed to move levels at any point during the year. Only DRBA Board members or coaches can decide if a level change is necessary based on extenuating circumstances.